We are here to help.
Our team of clinicians acts as the first step in a treatment plan when a patient presents to Wello with Mental Health concerns. At Wello we understand that certain risk factors can increase an individual’s risk of developing mental health concerns, often associations can be found between risks for chronic disease and mental health.
- Wello focuses on modifiable risk factors to help reduce the risk of mental health disease and as well as compilations from chronic disease.
- We use validated questionnaires (such as the PHQ9 and GAD7) to assess for common mental illness such as depression and anxiety.
- Crisis screening is undertaken when appropriate and immediate referrals to emergency services if needed.
- Referrals to community resources (group therapy, psychologist, psychiatrists, counsellors) to assist with behavior therapy
- Recommendations for quick coping strategies and behavior change techniques
- Providing links to online resources
- Recommend that clients their EFAP when available
- Frequent follow-ups guided by the client as needed
- When appropriate, laboratory testing will be ordered and completed to ensure that a client’s symptoms are not related to a medical disease (ie: ensure fatigue is not caused by hypothyroidism)
** we will not initiate anti-depressants via the telemedicine platform, however, we can make recommendations and connect clients to appropriate resources to obtain these medications and a safe manner, if a client is already on medications we can assist with titrations and adjustments and or prescriptions refills
To learn more about Wello contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org